serving the community
Learn and enjoy with us
The Thorp Public Library, as a governmental body in a democracy, exists to educate and entertain individuals by providing free, up-to-date, and unbiased access and information to all, as well as to be a welcoming community space that offers materials and programs for lifelong productivity and enjoyment.
Mon & Tues: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Wed & Thur: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm (noon)
Come join us for
Small Group Story Hour!
Tuesdays 10:15-10:45 AM & 11:00-11:30 AM
Every Tuesday at 10:15 AM- 10:45 AM and 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM we will be having a small group story hour for up to 9 participants, children plus their attached adults.
Pre-registration is required. Either call us at 715-669-5953, or stop by the library to register. They are first come, first serve and registration needs to be completed by Friday of the week before if you plan to attend. Masks are required for everyone age 5 and above due to state mandate.
enjoy our community
Access to: kitchenette, television with Apple TV and DVD player, flexible seating arrangement, and chairs. Maximum capacity: 75
Free for community groups. $10 for for-profit organizations.
Available for use after open Library hours.
please respect our current
Open Usual Hours with Precautions
We ask you to observe these precautions:
- Masks are highly recommended
- Children are welcome with supervision preferred
- Computers are available for education, business, entertainment, etc with a two hour limit for children under 16 years old.
- We ask that everyone sanitize or wash their hands when entering the library
The staff will observe these following precautions:
- Staff wear masks based on personal choice
- High touch areas are sanitized as necessary
- Sneeze guard in place
- Toys not available
- Seating is limited to encourage social distancing